Windows Live Messenger giving you an annoying “Signing in to Windows Live Messenger failed because the service is temporary unavailable. Error Code 8100030d” error message? Here’s the solution on how to fix it.
1. If you have AVG antivirus installed
– Open AVG
– In the Overview, Double-click “Web Shield”
– Towards the bottom, click the tab “Instant Messaging”
– Unclick “Instant Messaging protection”
– Restart WLM and login
2. If you have Zone Alarm, windows firewall or other firewall installed and enabled, make sure that they don’t block WLM to connect to the internet.
3. If the above 2 method still doesn’t help, then goto C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Live Contacts and delete everything (folders, files, including hidden ones) in that folder. This method in particular has helped me solve the problem.
*UserName will be windows login username
4. If WLM still doesn’t login, the last resort will be
– Goto Start > Run > type cmd
– In command prompt, type regsvr32 softpub.dll and press enter. Do the same thing for regsvr32 wintrust.dll, regsvr32 initpki.dll and regsvr32 MSXML3.dll
I have also wrote previously about how to fix 80048820 messenger error.