Oracle 11g R2 is now available after almost 2 years since the initial release of Oracle 11g. Oracle Database 11g Release 2 is heavily focused on consolidating hardware and virtualization.
New features includes:
– The Real Application Cluster (RAC) now has server pooling technologies so it’s easier to provision and manage database grids. This update is geared toward dynamically adjusting servers as corporations manage the ebb and flow between data requirements for datawarehousing and applications.
– RAC OneNode is a new option that makes it easier to consolidate databases that aren’t mission critical, but need redundancy.
– Improvements to automatic storage management that add cluster file system tools, these tools should make it easier for companies to virtualize their storage.
– Performance improvement and optimization for Oracle’s Exadata storage appliances.
– Performance improvements for data warehousing.
Oralce 11g R2 can be downloaded here